THINKING BIBLICALLY ABOUT ANXIETY
Topic: Anxiety Passage: Philippians 4:4–4:9
NOTES Thinking Biblically about Anxiety
Sunday Nights @ Orchard Lars Anderson
5 Mar 2017 Orchard Bible Church
Four Interconnected Remedies from Philippians 4:4-9:
1. __________________________ the Lord
2. __________________________ on the Lord
3. __________________________ in the Lord
4. __________________________ the Lord
- When you are anxious, what are you struggling to believe about God?
- What can you do practically to increase your dependence on God?
- Examine your anxiety and ask what your fear says about what you love?
Confess the desires that compete with the King for your heart and pray about them.
Suggested Resources for Further Study
MacArthur, John F. Jr. Anxious for Nothing.
- Biblical teaching on anxiety
Moser, P. Safe in the Storm.
- Great little (and very practical) book on fear and anxiety
Welch, Ed. Running Scared.
- On fear and anxiety